What Are People From Saudi Arabia Called

Background Information and Perspectives from Experts

The native people of Saudi Arabia are called Saudi Arabian citizens. Saudi Arabia is an independent nation located on the Arabian Peninsula. This nation is the guardian of two of the holiest places in Islam, Mecca and Medina. It has a rich culture and history, and its people have long been identified by their strong sense of identity as Saudi Arabian citizens. Saudi Arabian people are a culturally diverse population, coming from over 30 distinct ethnicities and many more backgrounds. They range from descendants of Bedouin tribes to those hailing from areas such as Iraq, Jordan, Syria, and Yemen.

The citizens of Saudi Arabia are mainly Muslim. According to a 2012 study, 85 percent of Saudis are Muslim, with nearly 75 percent practicing Sunnism and roughly 15 percent practicing Shiism. The predominant language spoken in Saudi Arabia is Standard Arabic, although many Saudi citizens also speak other languages, such as English and French. The Saudi population is largely outward-looking and is known for its success in business, industry, technology, science, and medical education.

When it comes to diplomacy, Saudi Arabia has traditionally been a country that emphasizes strong ties with other countries and regional organizations. In recent years, the country has made significant contributions to the international community in areas such as conflict resolution and economic development. It is a founding member of a number of international organizations, including the United Nations, World Trade Organization, and Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

In terms of healthcare, the Saudi government has made great strides in improving access to quality care. Under the leadership of the Ministry of Health and the National Health Authority, healthcare accessibility has been improved and services have been provided with a focus on prevention and health promotion.

Economic development is one of the main priorities of the government in Saudi Arabia. The country is taking steps to diversify its economy, with a focus on creating jobs and stimulating growth in multiple sectors, including manufacturing, technology, finance, and tourism. Saudi Arabia has also been working towards greater economic integration with other countries in the region.

Data and Statistics

According to the Central Department of Statistics and Information, in 2018 the total population of Saudi Arabia was estimated at 34,203,092. 74.7% of the population were Saudi citizens, while the remaining 25.3% were registered as non-Saudis. 73.2% reported being Muslim, while the remaining 26.8% did not report any religion. The median age in Saudi Arabia is 28 years old, and 73.9% of the population is under 40.

Saudi Arabia is known for its diverse cultures, and this is reflected in its population. The largest ethnic groups in Saudi Arabia are Arabs (85%), followed by Afro-Arabs (9%), South Asians (3%), and other minorities (3%). The population is growing at a rate of 2.3% per annum, and is expected to reach 35.5 million by 2020.

The GDP of Saudi Arabia in 2018 was estimated at $741.8 billion, with a growth rate of 2.4%. The economy is largely supported by the oil and gas industry, which accounts for 45.3% of the country’s GDP. Other industries such as manufacturing (16.3%), finance (7.2%), and mining (6.2%) also contribute to the country’s economic wellbeing.

Insights and Analysis

The people of Saudi Arabia have a strong sense of national identity and pride. This is reflected in their culture, religion, and their outlook on the world. Saudi citizens are known for their strong commitment to their faith, and for their commitment to the values that make up the core of their unique identity.

Economic development has become an important priority for Saudi Arabia in recent years, as the government works to diversify the economy and create jobs. The government is encouraging foreign investment and increasing access to capital, and is putting a focus on creating industries that are not dependent on the country’s vast oil resources. The government is also working to reduce poverty and inequality, as well as increase access to government services and improve the quality of life for its citizens.

Healthcare is another area of focus for the government. The country is working to improve access to quality healthcare for its citizens, particularly in rural areas. The government has also implemented initiatives to increase access to education, both in traditional classrooms and online.

The government has also been focused on increasing Saudi Arabian participation in the international community. It is a founding member of various international organizations, and it is working to improve diplomatic relations between its neighbors and other countries. It has also taken steps to reduce regional conflicts and to work towards greater economic integration with other countries in the Middle East.


The government of Saudi Arabia is committed to empowering its citizens, both men and women. Women have recently been granted the right to drive in Saudi Arabia, a major step forward in terms of civil rights. The government is also taking steps to empower Saudi men and women to take part in the workforce. It has launched initiatives to encourage women to pursue higher education and to enter the job market.

The government is also making efforts to increase access to leisure activities and cultural pursuits. There are a number of events and festivals that occur throughout the year, such as SaudiNationalDay and Eid al-Fitr, which are celebrated by both Saudis and non-Saudis alike.

Saudi Arabia is taking numerous steps to strengthen its ties to the international community, while preserving the unique culture and identity of its citizens. The government is working to foster an increased sense of national pride and to ensure that its citizens have access to the same basic rights and opportunities that other citizens of the world are afforded.


Education is a priority for the government in Saudi Arabia, and it has created a number of initiatives to improve access to quality education. There is an emphasis on providing quality education to people of all backgrounds, and the government has increased funding for educational programs, vocational training, and scholarships.

The level of education in Saudi Arabia is generally quite high, and the country boasts one of the highest literacy rates in the region. The country has one of the oldest systems of higher education in the world, with a number of universities and colleges offering a wide range of disciplines. The government has placed a strong emphasis on science and technology education, with the goal of fostering innovation in the country.

The government is also placing greater emphasis on language education, with a strong focus on English and Arabic. Its schools and universities provide access to courses in both languages, and there are programs available to teach other languages as well.

In addition, the government is also taking steps to increase access to Early Childhood Education. Early Childhood Education is becoming increasingly important in the country, and the government has taken numerous steps to ensure that all children have access to quality care and early learning opportunities.


Saudi Arabian culture is deeply rooted in Islam, and the country is known for its traditions, values, and customs. Saudi Arabian culture is based on a strong sense of individuality and communal responsibility, and is centered around concepts of respect and loyalty.

The country’s culture is heavily influenced by the principles of Islamic law, and the majority of its citizens adhere to the tenets of this religion. Saudi Arabia is home to a number of cultural sites, such as Al-Masjid al-Haram (the Grand Mosque in Mecca), which are considered holy sites by Muslims from around the world.

Despite the strong religious culture, Saudi Arabia is also known for its more modern aspects, such as its impressive infrastructure and its booming business and technology industries. The country is also home to a vibrant arts and cultural scene, with a number of music, theater, and film festivals taking place throughout the year.

This cultural mix is reflective of the country’s diversity, and is reflective of its citizens’ pride in their unique national identity. Saudi Arabia is a country of regional, ethnic, and religious diversity, and its people strive to maintain a strong sense of shared values and identity.


Saudi Arabia is a country of contrasts. It is a religiously and culturally conservative country, yet it is home to some of the most advanced infrastructure and leading business and technology industries in the Middle East. The government has taken major steps to empower its citizens, both men and women, and to increase access to education, healthcare, and other services. Saudi Arabia is a nation of strong identity that is representative of its citizens’ shared pride, beliefs, and values.

Jose Richard

Jose M. Richard is a journalist and author based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. With over a decade of experience in journalism, Jose has written extensively on Saudi Arabia and the wider Middle East region. Jose is passionate about promoting understanding of the region and its people, and his work has been recognised with international awards.

Leave a Comment